|Author: R.W. Whitefield|
Anke can do anything with brass and steam, springs and gears. What she can’t do is cross the lines of class and propriety that keep her from declaring her love for her patron, the beautiful Lady Phoebe. Lady Phoebe has long been entertained – and stimulated—by the dancing dolls Anke has made for her, but now she must marry for the sake of duty and family. She has one last commission for Anke—to build a doll that can love her as much as Anke does. (F/F)Genres: Bisexual, GLBT, Lesbian, Romance, Science Fiction
Collections: Clandestine Desires, Empassioned, Of Passion and Steam, She's Boss
Editor(s): Lon Sarver
Production Editor(s): Erika L Firanc
Cover Designer(s): Siol na Tine
Cover Art Credit(s): Art by Soilnatine
Word Count: 10,000
Publication Date: (Day-Month-Year) 20-09-2012
Serialization Date: (Day-Month-Year) 10-02-2016
News & Reviews:
- Of Passion and Steam Anthology Blog Tour & Giveaway
- Writing Victorian Erotica by Madeliene Swann
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 2: What inspired you to write this story?
- About Clockwork Dolls
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 3: Describe the setting you used for your story. Why did you pick this particular place?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 4: What historical detail did you find interesting but weren’t able to put in your story?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 5: Who do you read for fun? How much have they influenced your writing?
- Release Party Chat Log – Of Passion and Steam
Anthologies which include this story:
- Clockwork Dolls – Excerpt
- Chapter 1: The Inventor’s Wonderful Toys
- Chapter 2: The Cold Machine
- Chapter 3: The Clockwork Doll Does Her Dance