|Author: Madeleine Swann|
Ettie visits a funfair with her bullying husband in Victorian London. When a sword-swallowing sideshow performer grabs her attention, she finds herself drawn into a new world of strangeness, freedom and passion. (F/M)Genres: Heterosexual, Historical, Romance
Collections: Bi Magic, Carnal Carnivals, Clandestine Desires, Empassioned
Editor(s): Lon Sarver
Production Editor(s): Erika L Firanc
Cover Designer(s): Siol na Tine
Cover Art Credit(s): Art by Siol na Tine. (Victorian Woman adapted from "Godey’s Lady’s Book" Victorian-era Fashion Magazine, c. December 1873. Fair Poster adapted from a historical poster for "The great Victorian Troupe", courtesy of The US Library of Congress via Wikimedia Commons. Original Creator: Donaldson Litho. Co., Newport, KY.)
Proofreader(s): Todd Michaels
Length: Short Story
Word Count: 3,400
Publication Date: (Day-Month-Year) 24-01-2013
Serialization Date: (Day-Month-Year) 25-12-2016
News & Reviews:
- Slushpile – Wading thru Muck or Panning for Gold?
- Imprint Images & Other Developments
- Designs and Desires!
- Holiday Surge and a New Year
- Birthday Promises
- The Trouble with the May/December Story
- Saying Goodbye to a Spcecdt
- Not A Joke – Site Redesign Meeting
- Off to Baycon for the Weekend!
- GLBT Pride Month Promotions, Contests & Thanks!
Anthologies which include this story: