|Author: Laylah Hunter|
When handsome Doctor Nicholas Black brings his wagon full of patent medicines to Jonah’s small town, it seems like the answer to the whole town’s prayers. But the good doctor’s cures don’t come cheap, and for Jonah in particular there might be too high a price to pay. (M/M)Genres: Bisexual, Drama, Fantasy, Gay, GLBT, Historical, Horror, Paranormal, Supernatural
Collections: Clandestine Desires, Mind Over Body, Rawhide, Taken, Turning Tricksters
Editor(s): Lon Sarver
Production Editor(s): Erika L Firanc
Cover Designer(s): Siol na Tine
Cover Art Credit(s): Photos from Studioimagen and Viki2win at Dreamstime.com. Public domain photos by J.M. Adams (John Manley) and Woolstone Bros. Some additional design work from D.M. Atkins.
Length: Short Story
Word Count: 7,700
Publication Date: (Day-Month-Year) 09-08-2012
Serialization Date: (Day-Month-Year) 09-07-2016
News & Reviews:
- Of Passion and Steam Anthology Blog Tour & Giveaway
- Writing Victorian Erotica by Madeliene Swann
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 2: What inspired you to write this story?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 3: Describe the setting you used for your story. Why did you pick this particular place?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 4: What historical detail did you find interesting but weren’t able to put in your story?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 5: Who do you read for fun? How much have they influenced your writing?
- Release Party Chat Log – Of Passion and Steam
Anthologies which include this story:
- Devil’s Bargain, Devil’s Kiss – Excerpt
- Chapter 1: The Miracle Medicine
- Chapter 2: A Change in the Wind