|Author: Elizabeth A. Schechter|
Student-Artificer Elijah Saloman discovers what he thinks could be a lost masterwork of the greatest Artificer ever born. He is determined to make it work, even though he has no idea what it is or what it is supposed to do. But when everything that can go wrong does, Elijah finds himself caught in an interesting predicament—trapped within the machine, and at the mercy of the whimsical plaything of a long-dead Artificer with a taste for the exotic.Genres: Gay, GLBT, Romance, Science Fiction
Collections: Of Passion and Steam
Editor(s): Lon Sarver
Production Editor(s): Erika L Firanc
Cover Designer(s): Siol na Tine
Cover Art Credit(s): Adatped from photo © Frenk And Danielle Kaufmann at Dreamstime.com.
Proofreader(s): Kailin Morgan
Length: Short Story
Word Count: 4500
Publication Date: (Day-Month-Year) 02-02-2016
Serialization Date: (Day-Month-Year) upcoming
News & Reviews:
- Of Passion and Steam Anthology Blog Tour & Giveaway
- Writing Victorian Erotica by Madeliene Swann
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 2: What inspired you to write this story?
- About Infernal Machine by Elizabeth Schechter
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 3: Describe the setting you used for your story. Why did you pick this particular place?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 4: What historical detail did you find interesting but weren’t able to put in your story?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 5: Who do you read for fun? How much have they influenced your writing?
- Release Party Chat Log – Of Passion and Steam
Anthologies which include this story: