|Author: Alex Douglas|
James spends his days guarding the Machine at the heart of the complex, the device that supports all life in the underground complex. He spends his nights mostly alone in his cramped sleeping cubicle. When he catches one of the mysterious saboteurs who repeatedly attack the Machine, he succumbs to the man’s intimate offer, and forsakes duty for human touch.Genres: Adventure, Gay, GLBT, Science Fiction
Collections: Clandestine Desires, Desk Job, Down Below, Of Passion and Steam
Editor(s): Lon Sarver
Production Editor(s): Kaye O'Malley
Cover Designer(s): Siol na Tine
Cover Art Credit(s): Adapted from photo © Frenk And Danielle Kaufmann at Dreamstime.com.
Proofreader(s): Derrick N. Davidson
Length: Short Story
Word Count: 4,500
Publication Date: (Day-Month-Year) 2/7/2017
Serialization Date: (Day-Month-Year) upcoming
News & Reviews:
- Of Passion and Steam Anthology Blog Tour & Giveaway
- Writing Victorian Erotica by Madeliene Swann
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 2: What inspired you to write this story?
- About Heat, Steam, and the Vital Machine
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 3: Describe the setting you used for your story. Why did you pick this particular place?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 4: What historical detail did you find interesting but weren’t able to put in your story?
- Of Passion and Steam Authors Interview, Part 5: Who do you read for fun? How much have they influenced your writing?
- Release Party Chat Log – Of Passion and Steam
Anthologies which include this story: